Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike Strikes

Now that Hurricane Ike as passed, it is time to get life back to some normal routine.  That it is difficult to do when there is no electricity.  Much of Houston is without power and might be for the next 24-48 hours.  
At first, I was told that my Ago was frustrated that he lost electricity.   Because he has an electric stove he had no way of making his tea (light isn't really a problem for this man because he wakes up at dawn and goes to sleep at dusk).  So, fortunately we have a gas stove and we have been taking him hot water so he can have his beloved beverage.
Today I got to talk to him!  he was at our house-i guess just chillin'- and he wasn't to happy. But when i talked to him my mom said his mood changed.   
Okay, so I really didn't talk to him.  Our conversation consisted of him saying somethings (that I really didn't understand) and me screaming back: INCHBES ES? ESTAN BIEN? SI, YES, IHOY
I was really happy to hear him, my mood changed too. 

No comments: