Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Telenovela

Ahh....the telenovela.  The long-winded, dramatic, mini series.  I never watched them, but I heard the Brazilian ones are the best.  Now, with the help of YouTube, we can incorporate the telenovela into the langauge acquisition curriculum.  For a lab assignment (due mañana) necesito ecribir una escena.  I am having the hardest time coming up with material.  And this is what I do!  I usually am a creative person and I do use my imagination to create, let's call them, alternative worlds for characters.  This involves numerous subplots and complex characters that get in the way of each other.  It is not harmonious.  Anyways, I guess I'm having writers block?  Hmm.....night before it's due.  Well...something will come.  

Pienso que tengo meido de lo que digan mis compañeros.  No sé.  When it comes to creative writing I am protective because I don't like criticism when it comes to works based on one's imagination.  I need to get past that, quickly, but its all a figure of someone's imagination, there is no right or wrong.  You either like it or you don't-and its okay to not like the story.  Just say "no me gusta" instead of "it sucks" or quietly think to yourself that I may be out of my mind. 


No comments: