Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Writing ensayos

Hoy en la clase de español tuve escribir un ensayo. First of all, I don't do my best "essay writing" in class. I need time to prepare to prepare my thoughts and organize my content. (I don't know how i'm going to do on my English final, half of it is in-class open book essay). Also, i hate the time crunch you have with in-class essays. I'm so concerned that I'll run out of time, and then i start to freak out, and then i get bewildered. At least at home I control how much time i have to write. Second, and this is the part that pertains to this blog (my goal is to have all my posts relate in some way to Sparmenglish or at least to my grandfather...i don't want this blog to turn into me ranting and complaining) this essay was in supposed to be in Spanish, but i'm pretty sure i made up some Sparmenglish words. I did it on the last essay tambien. "Percent" is not "Porcente" but actually "Porcentaje" so i was pretty off there. We'll see what new words i come up with soon.

Spanish is an interesting class. I feel like i'm learning everything i need but i don't think i'm using what i've learned and i can honestly say some of the things that we cover I have NEVER heard in the house before. I don't think my mother really distinguishes between the preterite and imperfect. And I'm positive that Ago does not use the subjunctive. In fact, i question how much Spanish my grandfather uses. The majority of his conversations with my mother and aunt are in Armenian (i say majority because spanish is infiltrated in those conversations) and when he speaks Spanish it's like he's repeating the same sentences. Ohhhhhhh....that's a good post topic: What my gpops says in Spanish. I'll have to elaborate on that one when i'm not so tired.

No comments: