Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Treadmill part 2

I mentioned this a couple of posts back, about Ago buying a treadmill, well...he did. My 94 year old grandfather is now a proud owner of a top of the line treadmill. The kind of treadmill that you'd expect at the gym, not a home. Ago had been mentioning this for ages but I didn't think he'd actually go through with it. He has always exercised, in fact when I was younger I vividly remember him walking to nearest grocery store, Randalls, with his carrito every day to buy fresh produce. (Now we take the car to go to HEB; he has the same kind of carrito though.) He'd take the bike paths that are intertwined in the neighborhoods, but still Randalls was at least a mile away, one way, and he did this while he was his late seventies and early eighties. Now, within the past seven years, he has been walking on the treadmill at the gym in his complex for fifteen to thirty minutes. He's actually pretty good, (that's what the salesperson said) he has arthritis in his back. I don't think he takes anything for it, but the exercise helps him. I have to say I'm a little impressed (and proud) that he is so physically and mentally active. When I get older, I want to be able to walk on the treadmill everyday, hell, I want to go on walks everyday.

I haven't seen the treadmill yet, but I have two predictions of what it might be like:
1. He will Agoptize it. AKA he will make it his own by tying string somewhere. Nothing truly belongs to Ago unless there is string on it.
2. I'll be told that even I can use it. I didn't get any of the Wusthof scissors, but I can run on the new treadmill!

No comments: