Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Espanol no mas?

I had my first final today and then I get done with academic "stuff" on Monday. And then, I will be a senior next year. Oh.my.god. A senior. This next time next May I'll be done with school! Holy crap. What am I going to do with myself? This is all I've known for the past fifteen years.

I think the bigger accomplishment for today is that, according to the state of Texas, I have fulfilled my foreign language requirement; a requirement that has been with me since I was a sophomore in high school.

I'm actually going to miss having a Spanish class. Spanish classes were where you got some of the most interesting people. All my Spanish classes were required and I guarantee you that 100% of the students in that class were there because they had to be.

There's nothing wrong with that, and except for the Spanish IV which I took in high school (which was a DISASTER! La maestra had the nerve to tell us that "there's nothing I can teach y'all." Well, who the f@#$ tells high school students that? What kind of motivation is that? Basically, it was like she said You had tres semestres de Español. I expect you to be fluent now, so I'm going to sit at my desk, attempt to look teacherly, and wait for you come up to me with questions, instead of- ya know- REVIEWING with y'all what you should know.) Uh oh...I went on a tangent. Back to the point.

Essentially, I enjoyed every single one those classes, especially the ones in college. I was fortunate to have some wonderful profesoras who knew the language like the back of their hand and genuinely cared about their students. And the people in the classes were some of the most interesting people I have met. Even though we all had to be in that classroom, we all made it a good time.

What use of Spanish do I have now that I'm no longer in the class. Wait...don't answer that. I live in Texas and spanish will always be in my life, via Sparmenglish.

Adios la clase de Español.



No comments: