Friday, December 5, 2008

More Agoisms (I don't know if I have listed any before this)

Three instances reminded me of Ago today!  First I was sitting in the Union, studying for my quiz, when the guy next to me pulled a coin purse(!) out of his backpack and dumped his change in it.  Ago is the only man I know that uses a coin purse.  Wait! I take that back AgoBen also uses one (but t it disappeared on his last trip down).  So, I didn't realize until just now that both of my grandfathers store their change in the same way.  Secondly, my friend went to my Middle Eastern Studies class today-on the last day of the Ottoman Empire lectures.  Today we highlighted the art and architecture of Istanbul, and has soon as she heard that the first thing that came out of her mouth was: "That's Ago's hometown!"  Why yes it is-I didn't even think that.  Maybe it's because I don't associate him from his birthplace or "hometown" and I explain his origin as a plethora of nations.  Lastly, and this is my favorite, I saw a girl sleeping sitting up.  Ago used to do this all the time when i was younger.  He would sit on the sofa in the living room and fall asleep.  My grandmother and I used to probe him to wake up!

No comments: