Saturday, December 27, 2008

Xmas is the time to give and reject gifts given

Well, la navidad is finally over, but work is still playing Christmas music over the speakers (and it is soooooooo annoying;  I mean how early are we starting to prepare for Christmas 2009??). 

Ago rejected my present.  And it hurt my feelings.  

I gave him a University of Texas jacket.  Actually it was a windbreaker in burnt orange with the logo in the corner and on the back of the neck.  It was a nice jacket for him to wear when we're going to the grocery store and it is raining.   He opened the box, took one look at it and clearly stated that he did not want it.  He then handed the box back at me.  

Everybody told me that he wouldn't like it, but i had hope, just a little hope, that he would come through and be elated that he could wear the colors of his granddaughter's school.  He didn't.  It is impossible for him to wear clothing that he didn't sew, mend, or buy.  I guess i'll just stick to magnets and bumper stickers for the carrito.  Pictures coming soon!!

No comments: