Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm supposed to be writing a piece about Ago for the quarterly Armenian Magazine that the Priest publishes. I'm at a loss for words because I don't know what and how to write it. It seems that I want to write one thing, but my mother has her own ideas, and the Der Hayr is expecting something completely on his own. I have not been procrastinating this; I've been constantly thinking about what I want to say. It has not consumed me yet...but I have not been at home recently so it has not been as real. Whenever I'm at home is when reality strikes. When I'm in the ATX it's like "Yeah, Ago is gone...but I'm far away. If he was alive he would not be as big as my life if I was at home." Everything at home has been difficult. My parents have been mourning his loss, his things are scattered around the house, but i still can't believe he is gone. I went to Phoenicia yesterday and i really didn't want to go. I have yet to go to the Vitamin Shoppe. I don't really see a reason why...but i want closure with him there and it seems that if I go there he's somehow with me. I know that sounds...well...that sounds...

This is what I want: I want people to know the real Ago, what kind of man he was, but of course this has to be kept in the context of the Armenian heritage and religion, so....no still i want people to know who Ago was. But first do I know who Ago was?

No comments: